Закрыть
Логин:
Пароль:
Забыли свой пароль?

Форум » Публичные форумы » Общий форум
Страницы: 1
Ответить
RSS
The best players in baseball played some long ball Tuesday.

The American League continued its recent dominance over the National League with a 8-6 victory in the 89th MLB All-Star Game at Nationals Park in Washington Juan Marichal Jersey , D.C. The Junior Circuit hit five of the 10 total home runs in the contest, with two Houston Astros proving to be the difference in extra innings.Alex Bregman and George Springer drilled back-to-back homers in the top of the 10th, answering the two-run blast off the bat of Cincinnati Reds second baseman Scooter Gennett that tied the contest in the ninth.The win gave the American League a six-game winning streak and a 44-43-2 overall record at the annual event. It also pushed its record to a sparkling 18-3-1 in the last 22 contests.FOX Sports: MLB MLBONFOXALEX BREGMAN FOR THE LEAD! UGvlouSZYJBregman and Springer played the role of extra-inning heroes, but Seattle Mariners shortstop Jean Segura put on a show as well. He drilled a three-run homer in the eighth inning to break a 2-2 tie and scored the only run of the contest that didn't come on a long ball in the 10th after he reached base via single.FOX Sports: MLB MLBONFOXJEAN SEGURA FOR THE LEAD.The Mariners star CRUSHES a 3-run homer tpQ6NfQQgxHis three-run blast was only possible because Reds first baseman Joey Votto gave him new life by dropping a pop-up in foul territory near the dugout on the prior pitch. The argument can be made Segura deserved the game's MVP, but it went to Bregman for hitting the go-ahead homer.As for Votto, he tried to make up for the gaffe with a solo homer in the bottom of the 10th, but the National League ran out of comeback juice when Toronto Blue Jays southpaw J.A. Happ closed the door.Fans tuning in for fireworks got exactly what they were looking for, as ESPN StatsInfo noted Gennett's hogers in an All-Star Game. Just for good measure, there were three more in the extra frame, pushing the grand total to double digits.In one way it is a testament to the talent on the two pitching staffs that there weren't many baserunners, but the power in both lineups proved to be overwhelming throughout the contest.As for a positive pitching angle http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-cepeda-jersey , Chris Sale of the Boston Red Sox and Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals made history as the starters.According to Mark Feinsand of MLB.com, Tuesday's contest marked the first time since 1940 the same two pitchers started two straight Midsummer Classics. What's more, Sale joined Robin Roberts and Lefty Gomez as the only three pitchers in baseball history to start three consecutive All-Star Games.He was effective while making history, throwing a scoreless first and allowing just a single hit. He and Scherzer provided an early show with filthy sliders and fastballs with movement, but the Nationals righty gave up a foreshadowing homer to Aaron Judge to go with his four strikeouts.FOX Sports: MLB MLBONFOXALL RISE IN THE ALL STAR GAME.Aaron Judge goes YARD off Max Scherzer. O7KsG13Tx4The Home Run Derby was Monday, but Judge's drive set up a back-and-forth of power for the rest of the game. In all, Judge, Mike Trout, Segura, Bregman and Springer hit long balls for the American League, while Willson Contreras Gaylord Perry Jersey , Trevor Story, Christian Yelich, Gennett and Votto went deep for the National League.Some of the homers stood out more than others, as Trout's came off Jacob deGrom in a showdown between the majors' ERA leader and a once-in-a-generation talent.The Los Angeles Angels center fielder is already a seven-time All-Star, two-time MVP and future Hall of Famer, and he further cemented his All-Star Game legacy that includes ridiculous numbers:Jayson Stark jaysonstMike Trouts all-star career (so far)17 PA7-for-143 walks2 HR2 MVP awardsApparently, hes pretty good.Zachary D. Rymer zachrymerPeriodic reminder that Mike Trout is probably the best player in baseball history.The National League didn't go away, tying the game with solo home runs fr om Contreras and Story. Contreras' homer came on the first pitch he ever saw in an All-Star Game, and it is not difficult to envision the 26-year-old starting at backstop for the Senior Circuit for years to come.In fact, it was a historic drive for the Chicago Cubs catcher:Jesse Rogers ESPNChiCubsFrom Elias: Willson Contreras is the first player in MLB history to hit the 1st pitch he saw in his career for a HR and the 1st pitch he saw in his All-Star Game debut for a HR.His team continued to use its power to battle back, as Yelich's homer came after Segura put the National League in a 5-2 hole http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-dave-dravecky-jersey , and Gennett's set up extra innings.Much like the World Series, though, the Astros hitters made the difference against a Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher. Ross Stripling gave up the long balls to Bregman and Springer, surely bringing up unwanted memories for Los Angeles fans in the process.The National League will look to get back on track in enemy territory with next year's All-Star Game at Cleveland's Progressive Field. The Seattle Mariners are trying to juggle their present and future.Left-hander Marco Gonzales, who has a team-leading 12 victories, was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday against Clayton Kershaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers, and his turn through the rotation was skipped to give him extra rest.He is set to return Wednesday afternoon when the Mariners play host to the Houston Astros in the finale of a three-game series.Article continues below ...The Mariners remain in the American League West race and are battling for one of the two wild-card berths, but also realize Gonzales is likely to have a prominent role beyond 2018.Though Gonzales is 12-8 with a 3.91 ERA, he’s 0-3 with a 7.94 ERA in his three starts this month. Plus, he’s already pitched 142 2/3 innings after throwing 40 in 2017. He had Tommy John surgery in 2016.“The main objective is to have a strong finish and not be crawling across the finish line at the end of the year,” Gonzales told MLB.com. “In that aspect and that lens Brandon Crawford Jersey , I’m taking it as a positive. Obviously I’m a competitor. I take it as a challenge to go out and have a strong start on Wednesday. I’m looking forward to the test.”Mariners manager Scott Servais said the extra rest for Gonzales is “something we’ve talked about for a while now.” “We gave him a pretty good break at the All-Star break. We’ll give him a couple extra days here and then we have some off days coming up, so he’ll get a couple extra days between his next start,” Servais said. “So we have a span of about 20 days wh ere he’ll make three starts instead of four.”Gonzales said he believes his recent struggles have to do with command with his fastball and are not because he’s tiring.But he said he understood the decision to skip a start.“At the end of the day, we want to win,” he said. “So as far as taking into account what it will take me to get quality starts, I think just resetting some things and coming back with a strong start after a couple days of rest, that’s good for everybody. They have my best interest in mind. I’m not taking this as they don’t believe in me or anything like that. It’s collectively, let’s figure out how we win games late in the year.”Gonzales is 0-1 with a 4.76 ERA in two career appearances (one start) against the Astros. In the only previous start against them, Gonzales suffered a 9-2 loss April 19 in Houston when he gave up three runs and five hits in 4 2/3 innings. The Astros are scheduled to start right-hander Charlie Morton (12-3, 2.78 ERA). Morton is 3-3 with a 3.16 ERA in seven career starts against Seattle, including 2-1 with a 2.37 ERA in three starts this season.Morton has not had a win since July 31. He allowed four hits and two runs in five innings in his most recent start http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-brandon-belt-jersey , a 4-3 loss to Oakland on Friday, a game in which Morton did not get a decision.The Astros got reigning AL MVP Jose Altuve back from the disabled list Tuesday, though outfielder George Springer missed his second consecutive game with a sore left quadriceps.Altuve said he was glad to be back after missing 21 games with a sore right knee. It was his first time on the disabled list in his eight-year career.“I’m excited,” Altuve told MLB.com. “This is a great team. I know you guys know I love every single part about this team and the way they play. We’re in first place and most likely we’re going to be in the playoffs, and I have a lot of confidence in my teammates, and I just want to be a part of this.”
Страницы: 1
Ответить
Читают тему (гостей: 1)
Форма ответов
Текст сообщения*
Загрузить файл или картинкуПеретащить с помощью Drag'n'drop
Перетащите файлы
Ничего не найдено
Отправить Отменить